Friday 3 September 2010

Fairfield Horseshoe 30/08/10

Well I have been a bit slow in updating this blog, this time due to technical difficulties. I upgraded my PC with Windows 7 and I have had to reinstall my panorama software and photoshop so it's taken a while to get everything sorted.

So the weather was looking good and my Dad had called me and asked me to take him somewhere to get some nice photos. Now usually when I take my Dad to the Lakes we are doomed with bad weather, this time we got lucky.

The plan was to park up in Ambleside and to walk the Fairfield horsehsoe, the route is below, its a classic!


Blue skies, sunshine and only a little wind, we were in for a good day.








 My Dad near the summit of Fairfield hunting for photo opportunities.






This was an experiment with black and white, its not quite the way I wanted it, the light wasn't right. I guess I will have to go back and try again at some point.




The route took us about 6 hours and 9 mins so I was pretty pleased with our pace. I'm off for a whole week in September and I'm heading for a massive hill bagging session in Wasdale so I need to fit as much training in as possible between now and then.

No comments:

Post a Comment